Are you passionate about cause-related marketing? Jewish Federation of Greater Kansas City seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for a nonprofit organization. The focus will include creating and implementing digital/social media content, event marketing, writing, some graphic design, and general marketing administrative duties. This intern reports to the Director of Marketing and Events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with creating, updating and maintaining JFEDKC’s social media presence.
- Assist in writing and managing the weekly eNews and virtual events calendar.
- Assist with the creation of marketing materials for JFEDKC events and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Assist the Marketing Specialist with writing articles and press releases for the Kansas City Jewish Chronicle as needed.
- Assist with updating the JFEDKC website as needed.
- Virtual event support as needed
- Administrative duties as related to marketing
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a sophomore or above in college working toward a degree in Marketing, Journalism, Business, Communications or Graphic Design.
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing, communications or design is desired.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space is required. Professional experience (paid or internship) with business social media is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) and web-based content management systems is preferred. Bonus if you have experience with editing video.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- An effective and professional communicator, both written and oral.
- Must be able to work remotely with access to a computer and internet.
- Knowledge of (or willing to learn) the Jewish community, customs and traditions.
- We would love to hire an intern to start this spring but can wait until summer if needed.
- 8 to 15 hours/week, preferably Monday through Friday during business hours. However, we may be flexible with evening and weekend hours depending on class schedule.
- Requires a 3-to-6-month commitment, with possibility of extending.
- Internship will be virtual until further notice.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and either a link to your portfolio and/or 3 writing samples to Mimsy Tallent at firstname.lastname@example.org.